Announcing a great new program for puppies 8-16 weeks of age!
Pre-school and Socialization Class.
Puppy Essentials for puppies 8-16 weeks is just the thing to get your puppy started off right! Have a new puppy? Start now! No waiting! Each class includes information to help you and your puppy get through puppyhood, avoid pitfalls and build a solid foundation that will help your puppy grow up to be the best dog possible! Sessions cover a variety of behaviors, training, puppy and people interaction and loads of helpful information. Class includes a fun approach to socialization for lifelong happiness, and so much more! See our Class & Event Schedule for information on class times.
Puppy Essentials is a revolving class of 4 distinct lessons for puppies 8 to 16 weeks of age. Each class will include a variety of subjects. Topics covered over the course of the four week program include:
- Crate training
- Chewing & mouthing
- Puppy-proofing your home
- Management strategies
- Come when called
- Respond to puppy's name
- Handling/husbandry (accustoming your puppy to grooming and handling)
- "Leave it"
- Playing with your puppy
- Learning to "read" your puppy
Socialization & Acclimation
- Puppy play and interaction
- Meeting people and puppies
- Proper greeting and making friends with your puppy
- Acclimating your puppy to loads of new things
- A "Socialization Scavenger Hunt" for fun and experiences
- Body language to maximize your puppy's enjoyment
And much, much more!!
Registration, Age Limits and Enrollment Options
- For puppies13 weeks and younger: Sign up and register for all 4 classes ($95)
- Available for puppies 8 to 13 weeks of age.
- For puppies 14 to 16 weeks of age: Register for individual weeks ($30/week)
- If your puppy is 14, 15 or 16 weeks of age, sign up for 3, 2, or just 1 class. Puppies "age-out" of Puppy Essentials at 16 weeks.
- If your puppy is older than 16 weeks, sign up for our Level 1, Basic Manners class.
Pre-registration is required. Sign up in advance to ensure your space. Class size is limited to 8 puppies. Once the class is filled, If you're on the Waiting List, you'll be contacted if there is an opening.