To help eliminate problem behavior, we offer several dog training programs depending on the severity of your dog’s behavior.
Unruly Dog Behavior – Class Training
Some undesirable behaviors can be addressed through class attendance, private lessons or a Train & Stay program. These include behaviors such as:
- Jumping on people
- Running away
- Pulling on leash
- General unruliness
- And the like
For More Complex Dog Behavior Problems
More troublesome or complicated issues cannot be dealt with in a group class environment. These include behaviors such as:
- Destructive chewing
- Chronic house training issues
- Leash reactivity
- Aggressive acts toward people and/or dogs
- Dog fights
- Or anything else you find objectionable
For issues such a these, we recommend starting with a Behavior Consultation. Prior to the consultation, it is recommended to have a veterinary examination. You will also need to fill out our Behavior Intake Form, which we will go over together when we meet.
What Happens in a Dog Behavior Consultation
- We’ll explore the issues you are having with your dog.
- You and the trainer will collaborate on a plan to eliminate, manage and/or modify your dog’s undesirable behavior.
- We may do some preliminary training with your dog, and show you some techniques to use at home.
- We’ll discuss things you might do immediately to alleviate and manage your dog’s undesirable behavior.
- Finally, we’ll discuss your options for implementing the behavior modification plan that will work best for you and your dog.
Our Behavior Intake Form
Before requesting a consultation, we will need to learn more about your issues. Please fill out the behavior intake form prior to making an appointment.